Person #1
1. Name:
Jose Background: computer science and statistics major
2. Slot
Filled: Domain Expert
3. He
is a new co-worker of mine and I was working a shift with him and started
talking about majors and when I found his out I started asking more questions
to see if he could help me.
4. I
asked him if he could help me learn how to code an app and he agreed. He did
not ask for any monetary return because he really enjoys coding and wants to be
able to master it. He thinks teaching will really help him gain a new
perspective on how to code.
5. With
his help I will actually be able to get my app off the ground and functional. I
do not currently know how to code which is a problem when making an app.
However, now that I have someone to teach me the plan becomes much more
feasible.
Person #2
1. Name:
Steve Background: Owner of a popular pizza restaurant in Gainesville
2. Slot
filled: Important supplier
3. One
of my friends did his physical therapy and got to know him pretty well. I asked
her if she knew of any way to get into contact with him. She told me of an
event he was holding and that she could introduce me.
4. I
showed him my idea napkin and asked for his opinion on the type of app I want
to make. He gave me advice and his opinion on what makes an app a success and
how delicate the food industry can be. He thinks in theory my idea is good, but
it will be hard to overcome competition and gain traction in the market.
5. He
will help me exploit my opportunity because he offered some really helpful
information on the market and what to expect.
Person #3
1. Name:
Mark Jacob Background: Advertising Major
2. Slot
Filled: Expert on the market
3. I
met him at a bar and used the communication strategies I learned from the book
I read for the second reading reflection to start up a conversation. I asked
what his opinions were on advertising to college aged individuals.
4. He
helped me realize the importance of advertising, but also that advertising
alone will not make a product a success. He told me I have to direct my
attention to a way that people in the demographic will see it. Ads are not
effective if they are never seen by the target audience.
5. He
gave me a whole new understanding on the world of advertising and made me
realize that if I ever want to get serious about this idea I would seriously
need to consider hiring an advertising specialist.
I have never really done much networking in the past so this
was a unique experience. The book I just read for the class really helped me
get out there and start conversations with people I did not know and make them
feel normal. It also helped knowing people who know people. I think that will
be an important lesson. It never hurts to reach out to friends and family to
see if they have any potential contacts that will help you out. Friends and
family are some of the most likely to help you out, so if they know anyone and
get you in contact with them they will help you out as much as they can.
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteYou did a very good job of going out and getting the contacts. This assignment is likely the most difficult one so far, but can be one of the more rewarding ones. Great use of material learned this semester in your post. I hope that your contacts will continue to help out with your project!
Hi Chris!
ReplyDeleteI've been interested in your idea since you first started talking about it at the beginning of the semester. You have developed a really solid idea for Food For Thought, and your connections that you made for this assignment will be a huge asset to developing it even further. My idea is a phone app as well, and one of the most important connections I found was an individual who has computer science/programming experience to design the platform for the app itself. The idea is simply just an idea without the coding and ability to function, so this was definitely the most important connection to make first! I also like how you networked with an advertising major. Figuring out how to best promote your app and spread the word is difficult, and figuring out how to best appeal to a specific audience is even harder. Finding people who know more about this consumer market and how to target them effectively is really important, so you did a great job making useful connections. I'm excited to see where you go next with this idea!
Hello Chris, you've made great connections after this assignment. You were able to get in contact with very relevant people for your idea. I definitely think that people will get great use from it and so far I think it would be better than apps like Yelp because it shows you deals and separates types of foods and restaurant types.
ReplyDelete