1) Read through your blog from this
semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs,
the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments
of dread.
2)
What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that
you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience?
What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
3)
At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to
develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an
entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you
think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
4)
What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to
journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to
perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that
mindset?
________________________________________________________________________
I think the most formative experience from this class was reading How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big.
This was the most formative experience because I enjoyed reading the book and several of the lessons Adams speaks on are good advice to live by. I think the experience that I will remember the most for years to come is the bug list. That was the first assignment I had to do and really showed me what I was in for with this class. The most joyous experience I had was reading all of the comments people posted on my blog posts. Generally, these were entertaining and occasionally helpful for future assignments. This is the experience I am the most proud of accomplishing because when I submit this assignment, I will have completed the class (almost).
I do not know if I see myself as an entrepreneur just yet. There is so much left to see and do in the world and so many experiences to be had in order to fully become an entrepreneur. I think this class has helped me at least gain a definition of what an entrepreneur is. I have definitely moved closer to the entrepreneurial mindset though. This class has opened my eyes to how to think like an entrepreneur.
My one recommendation to future students going down this path would be simple: make sure you have your stuff together. Many people missed assignments or had to drop the class. If you have your stuff together you will hit deadlines and get all of the assignments in on time. It is all about the system you use.

No comments:
Post a Comment