Saturday, July 2, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2 - The Return of the Pitch

Here is the link to my second elevator pitch, please comment on it.

My topic is that it is impossible to decide on a restaurant to eat at. I came up with the app "Food for Thought" to break down all of the restaurants in Gainesville by food type or Deal of the Day which would allow you to pick a place based on what kind of food you want or what place had the best deal.

The feedback from the last elevator pitch was ok. It had more to do with the app than improvements for the pitch. However, everything the one person presented as improvements made sense.

In this video I changed the following:

  • I used my phone to hopefully fix the problem of background noise
  • I stood up
  • I wore something more professional than a t-shirt
Those were the only suggestions I received after the first pitch. 

4 comments:

  1. Chris, aside from your mobile application and more in regard to your physical pitch, I think you need to focus on creating a more conversational piece. I'm sure you can agree that your pitch has the tone that is directed to a general audience rather to a specific person or group of people. Master it so that it becomes a true conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris. I really liked the energy you had during your pitch and you explained your app pretty well. I would say that you got my attention and left me wanting to know more about your product. Well done. The doctor scrubs and stethoscope was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris, I think this is a good second pitch. I think that using your phone did help a little with the background noise. I think that your pitch was a little too broad for your audience. I think it would be great to state specifically who it is for. For my pitch as an example, I said this product is for student, professors, and the general public who have issues finding parking on UF campus. I agree with Kenzie that a few simple changes could make the whole post more conversational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris - Nice job on your pitch. I also agree that you should focus more on the group of people who would use your app. Your app sounds awesome by the way! I would totally use it. I am always using yelp but I find it difficult to find new or small places that are chain restaurants. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete