I am highly motivated when I find the right venture. I am an excellent communicator and leader and can motivate others to reach a goal. I have worked in management for a year and have managed up to 45 people. My aspirations with this business are to develop something that can be useful for others because I like to help people and eat, sometimes at the same time. I am not looking to make a huge monetary gain but it would be nice to make a little side money with my first entrepreneurial venture.
2. What am I offering to customers? -
The product I am offering to customers is an app, Food for Thought, that will aid in deciding where to eat or go grab a drink on a night out. It will split up the restaurants and venues by type of food offered (Italian, Mexican, etc.) and "Deal of the Day" to appeal to those who want good food but do not want to pay a lot for a meal out.
3. Who am I offering it to? -
I will focus on individuals in the 18-25 year old age bracket, starting first with students at major universities (UF).
4. Why do they care? -
Many college students eat out several times a week and generally go to the same places because it is what they know. My app will attempt to break this cycle and will also help students save money. Chipotle is a great place to go, but there is a cheaper alternative with a shorter line, with equally good food.
5. What are my core competencies? -
I think the thing that will set me apart from other similar services is that I will have the multiple dimensions on choosing. Yelp you can view different types of restaurants and price ranges, however, it does not show deals which are important to college students. It also shows the chain restaurants more regularly than the small, local restaurants.
I think these five areas could work together really well. The college demographic is missing a food app directed directly at them. Plus my ability as a speaker and leader would allow me to gain traction and market value for my app. If I could get a solid foothold in the Gainesville/UF market, I could expand to other college campuses where students would be interested in a similar product.
Feedback Memo
5 Takeaways
- People are interested in my app
- People tend to try to find cheap places to eat
- People tend to go to the same few restaurants
- People are interested in diversifying their palates
- Advertising might be the most difficult part once the app is functional
Based on the feedback on Idea Napkin No. 1, I changed very little. All the comments were positive and seemed to fit the demographic I was aiming for. I took this to mean that my idea was solid and that now I just have to start gaining popularity at UF and I will soon have a huge app.
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI am ready for your app to go live. I hope Dr. Pryor will make good on his humorous comment in lecture to take the class out to Satchel's pizza. Having lived in Gainesville for over a year, I too have not had the Satchel's experience, and possibly many other unique places are off my radar. Keep up the great work and believe me, you will have customers for this one!
Hello Chris, if your app was created tomorrow I would download it immediately. I love how it can separate what type of food you want, deals, and types of restaurants. Every boyfriend would be grateful if they can narrow down options for their partner. I think that you can expand your age range. I know plenty of older people who frequently go out to eat and enjoy trying new places.
ReplyDelete